You will need much less than you think, so pack lightly. If you are unable to lift all your belongings up at once, you should should lighten your load. This is essential to your comfort and safety during the trip.
1.2 Motorcycle gear
1.3 Personal belongings
1.5 Motorcycle preparation and accessories* **
1.6 Motorcycle spare parts*
Current passport that expires no less than 6 months after the end of the trip with ample empty pages for entry and exit stamps
Visas (where required)
Motorcycle Registration and Title* **
International Driving Permit
Original travel insurance documents
Motorcycle insurance* **
1.2) Motorcycle gear
Please buy good quality gear. It can save your life and you will wear it up to 50% of the time.
Full face helmet
Four seasons motorcycle waterproof jacket and trousers ( for Sumatra tours we will never experience less than 10°C or 50°F)
Waterproof motorcycle boots
Motorcycle Rain Gear
Waterproof Motorcycle gloves + inner motorcycle gloves (warmer gloves for the Russia, Central Asia, Mongolia tour)
Thick thermal socks*
High visibility vest
1.3) Personal belongings
At least 2 debits/credits cards (stored in different places, in case one is lost)
Smartphone + charger
Camera + changer
Swiss Army knife* **
Travel Toiletry Kit
Warm sleeping bag * **(for Russia, Central Asia, Mongolia which can be purchased on the way)
Sleeping mat * **(for Russia, Central Asia, Mongolia which can be purchased on the way)
Tent* ** (for Russia, Central Asia, Mongolia which can be purchased on the way)
Charger adapter (must adapt to USA and EU plugs, Sumatra has power sockets types C and F)
Consider buying your clothes in a sporting goods store. You will need comfortable, light,fast drying apparel that will help you stay warm and dry.
1. Comfortable walking shoes/boot
2. Flip flops or sandal
3. Swimming suit
7. Jumper (sweater)
8. Lightweight thermal jacket *(not need for Sumatra if you have already a motorcycle jacket)
1.5) Motorcycle preparation and accessories* **
1.Your motorcycle must be serviced before the start of the tour and have new tires.
2.For all our tours, you will need to store your belongings. The options are: top case, side
hard or soft bags or a tank bag/tail bag. If 2 of you are riding, the tail bag is not for you.
All bags should be waterproof.
3. If you join the world trip or the Russia, Central Asia, Mongolia tour, install hand
guards, engine guards, a skid plate and a windshield.
4. If you ride with 2 for the world trip or the Russia, Central Asia, Mongolia tour, you
consider upgrading your rear shocks.
5. Motorcycle alarm and/or disk lock to secure the motorcycle
6. Motorcycle cover
7. Spare key for motorcycle and lock
8. Gps/ Smartphone holder
9. 12v power outlet to charge your Gps/Smartphone
10. Flat tire Repair kit
11. Chain lube spray
1.6) Motorcycle spare parts* **
1.Tubes for front and rear tires (for tube type)
2.Service manual (pdf file is fine)
3.The rest of the list is just for the riders doing the World Trip or the Russia, Central Asia and Mongolia tour.
4.Brake pads front and rear
7.Clutch Cable (if with cable)
12.Front fork seals
13.All wheels bearings
14.This last items are just needed before entering in Russia
- Milan our starting point of Alps , Lake and Adriatic coast tour has cheap and direct flight from everywhere in the world
- Medan our starting point of Sumatra tours has cheap and direct flight from Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore and Jakarta. All those cities has directly flights from everywhere around the world
- Phoenix our starting point of the The Million Dollar tour has directly fights from many places in the Usa included New York JFK and Los Angeles.
- Los Angeles has direct flights from almost everywhere in the world.
- Lisbon has direct flights from USA, Canada, UK, Brazil, EU and 1 stop flights from Australia.
- Riga has direct flights from Europe and 1 stop flights from USA, 2 stops from Australia.
- Los Angeles has cargo flights and sea freights from everywhere in the world.
- Lisbon has cargo flights and sea freights from everywhere in the in the world.
- Riga has a small cargo hub and a few destination. It is a 2 day ride from Germany, which is the one of the largest cargo hubs in Europe
However you may consider to buy a motorcycle instead of shipping, check it out on the next answered questions
- In our Alps tour, yes, our formula is Fly and Ride.
- In our Sumatra tours, yes, our formula is Fly and Ride. Renting is your best economical choice
- It is possible to rent a motorcycle in the USA and Europe, but is not very economical. You would pay no less than 100 USD or Euros per day plus extra km/mi and delivery fees. We offer buy and sell support, you can end up saving a few thousand dollars.
Our world tour is 161 days. Renting a motorbike would cost you more than 100 USD a day, that will be over 16000 USD for the entire trip!!!! The best solution is to buy a motorcycle in the USA (new or used). Anyone can buy a vehicle (even tourists) and it is totally legal!! Buying a motorcycle in the USA is relatively easy. You can acquire a vehicle title and registration in a matter of 20 minutes. You will have all your documents and a license plate. The insurance can be purchased online and you are ready to ride out in less than 30 minutes. We have done it personally on a Sunday afternoon. At the end of the tour you can decide to keep the motorcycle, or sell it or ship back to home. We can help you through all this process. If you decide for example to sell at the end of the tour you can get back from no less about 50% up to 85% of what you have paid depending on which motorcycle and which conditions.
5.2) USA Tour + Europe
Our USA Coast to Coast plus the European tour is over 74 days. If you rent a motorcycle, you would pay much more than 7400 USD. The best solution again is to to buy a motorcycle in the USA. When the tour is over you have different options. If you wish to keep the motorcycle to tour Europe again, or keep it to join another leg of our World Tour for the following year, we can provide storage for the bike for you. If you want to sell the motorcycle or ship it back to your home we can assist on that too.
5.3) USA Tour
If you wish to do just the USA tour, renting a bike would be over 100 USD a day x 36 days of the tour = 3600 USD + extra miles cost + delivery fees.
Buying a motorcycle and selling it back again is the best money saving option. We can assist with both. If you wish to keep the motorcycle to tour the USA again, or keep it to join another leg of our World Tour for the following year, we can provide storage for the bike for you. If you wish to ship back home, we can assist on that too.
5.4) Europe Tour
If you wish to tour Europe, the most economical option is to buy a vehicle.
Renting a motorcycle for 38 days would be well over 3800 euro. Is possible to buy a vehicle and be the legal owner, even if you are not a resident but it takes a few weeks. We can arrange the purchase prior to your arrival.If you wish to keep the motorcycle to tour the Europe again, or keep it to join another leg of our World Tour for the following year, we can provide storage for the bike for you. If you want to sell the motorcycle or ship back to your home we can assist on that too.
5.5) Europe + Russia-Central Asia-Mongolia
If you wish to tour Europe and Russia-Central Asia-Mongolia , the most economical option is again to buy a vehicle. The tour is 125 days with a fee of that is well over 100 euro you would pay more than 12.500 euro. The process of buying is the same described above on the Europe tour.
5.6) Russia-Central Asia-Mongolia
Our tour start from Riga, is not possible directly buy a motorcycle in Latvia if you are not resident but you can purchase from other Eu countries.
So buying a motorcycle can make you save up to few thousand dollars.
5.7) Sumatra, Indonesia
Our tour start from Medan, is not possible directly buy a motorcycle in Indonesia if you are not resident. So the only and economical way is to rent a motorcycle.